Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance, Top 10 dance

My DVR isn't working very well right now because COMCAST SUCKS! So, I apologize because I missed the beginning of tonight's show.

I assume Cat re-introduced the jidges.

Ryan & Noelle

They are dancing to Give it to me Right by Melanie Fiona. I missed the intro, but the dance just started. Great dance. This is the naughtiest and best I've seen Noelle dance. Great job. It's a Tabitha and Napoleon (!!) routine. Great way to start the night. I loved it. These guys make an awesome couple. Nigel thought that Noelle was sexy this time (I agree) and said that the pair did great. Mary really liked it. Lots of chemistry. Same praise from Adam.

Ashleigh & Legacy

Oh, no intros tonight. They are dancing to a Gary Stewart Contemporary routine. The song is "Poison" by The Prodigy. It was a very angry and violent routine and ended with Legacy doing a headstand. I thought it was cool and they did an excellent job. I didn't LOVE it, but they performed well. Great job. Nigel, Mary and Adam all loved it. They had chemistry and did a great job.

MOLLEE

Mollee was in High School Musical 1, 2, & 3. Wow. Now for her solo. She kills it. SO GOOD. I really like her.

RUSSELL

He grew up in the projects in Boston. But his parents kept him off the street and dancing. Good parents!! So cute. Awesome. He krumped the hell out of that one. That was BUCK!

Kathryn & Nathan

They are doing a Spencer Liff Broadway routine to "Choreography" by Danny Kaye. Nathan is such a ham. Kathryn has such a lovely face. She looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor. They danced beautifully. Nigel loved it, Mary loved it and Adam loved it. It was great. I liked it a lot. It wasn't as technically challenging as others, but it was great.

NOELLE

She's from Sanford, North Carolina and has a big family. She's so pretty. Great solo. She's so cute and sweet. I like her.

Ellenore & Jakob

They are dancing a quick step by Tony Meredith and Melanie Lapatin to "Four Brothers" by Manhattan Transfer. I don't like ballroom, but that was really fanatastic. They did a great job and they were so fast. Very quick. Nigel thought it was great. Mary cackles that they did great. Her voice is really annoying when she gets all high-pitched. Mary loved it. Adam loved it. Great job!!

RYAN

Ryan (Ashleigh's hubby) has dancing in his family. His grandparents met dancing, his parents met dancing and he met Ashleigh dancing. Hmmm. When Nigel said he had to "step up" his solo because he's a ballroom guy, I don't think he meant dancing to "Rock Me Like A Hurricane" by Scorpion. I think he meant that he needed more versatility. His solo is a little boring. He needs to add some tricks. And, he just looks like such a meathead.

KATHRYN

She's from Augusta, Georgia. She moved out to LA from Georgia all by herself. It was a good solo. She and Noelle look so similar. I'd pick Noelle. Kathryn is kind of boring.

Mollee & Russell

They are dancing a lyrical jazz piece choreographed by Mandy Moore and they dance to "It Must've Been Love" by Roxette. It was good, not my favorite, but good. They danced it well. Nigel praises them both for growing so much. He loved it. Oh no. Mary screams that she loves the partnership and continues at volume 10 for the rest of her critique. UGH. Adam loved it.

NATHAN

Nathan is from So. Cal. His brothers all danced and he started at age 10 and got hooked. Good solid solo. He cried in his interview so maybe he gained favor. And now he's crying to Cat saying that he really appreciates his parents. Wow...he's laying it on thick.

Noelle & Ryan (second dance)

They are dancing a JT & Ryan smooth waltz (yawn). They dance to "Jeuz d'eau" from the O Cirque de Soleil soundtrack. It's like I get ADD during the waltzes. I totally spaced out during part of the dance. It was nice and relaxing. They didn't screw up. It was nice, but boring. Nigel liked it, Mary liked it, Adam liked it.

ELLENORE

She's from Santa Cruz. But, she told the family they needed to move to NYC, so they did. They were broke but they made it. Unique solo, but no tricks. It was ok.

Ashleigh & Legacyn (second dance)

They are dancing to a Dave Scott hip hop routine. Their song is "Slow Down" by Bobby Valentino. I already don't like it. Legacy is wearing a cape like dracula nad it's totally distracting and gets in the way. I don't like it. Nigel didn't feel it. He didn't like the choreography. Mary didn't like it. Adam didn't think the dance was challenging enough. Yikes, sorry, Dave Scott.

Kathryn & Nathan (second dance)

Kathryn & Nathan are doing a Tony & Melanie rumba and dance to "Walk on By" by Aretha Franklin. meh. It was a little less boring than the earlier waltz, but it was still boring. Nigel didn't feel the chemistry. I thought the dancing was good and Nigel bags on the choreography again. He says they danced it well for what they were given to do. ouch. Mary didn't feel the chemistry either. Adam says that they did a great job.

LEGACY

He's from Miami and didn't start dancing until he was a teenageer. He and his buddy "flea" went to LA and started b-boxing in Santa Monica. AWESOME solo. I don't now how he does that with his body. Amazing.

Ellenore & Jakob (second dance)

They are doing a Sonya Tayah contemporary piece to "Tore my Heart" by OONA & Dave Tweedie. Excellent. It was a great routine and they did fantastic. Standing ovation. Nigel does a "Mary Scream". Nigel says that everyone needs to come up to their level and that's why he gets annoyed when other dancers don't do as well. He says that they are brilliant and they had a brilliant routine by Sonya. Nigel says that THIS is really his favorite routine of the season. I think it's only because Mia Michaels isn't choreographing this season. Mary screams. I don't know. I think I'm missing something. I mean, it was great, but I can't name other routines that I loved way more from other seasons. None have stood out for me this season and this one isn't even close. Whatever. Mary screams again and loves it. Adam says that this was a big moment for the show because this was such a great routine. What? Really? I don't see it. I'm going to watch it again. Ok, I watched it again and I still wasn't blown away. Maybe it's the music. I feel like I need to have a connection with the routine and the music. This just didn't do it for me. Oh well.

ASHLEIGH

She was born in Utah and started dancing at 12 years old. At 13, she got sick and got a parasitic infection and she couldn't move. She got through it and now dances! I feel bad for these ballroom people with their solos because it isn't as impressive as people who do flips and tricks. It just looks weird because they don't have a partner. It was good.

Mollee & Russell (second dance)

They dance the jive choreographed by Anya and Pasha to "Land of 1000 Dances" by Jimmy Barnes. I feel like there are so many ballroom dances. UGH. Don't they know that people don't like those. If you want to see ballroom, watch Dancing with the Stars!!! That was really fun and a great dance. Nigel praises them for being such great performers and doing such a great job. I agree. I liked it. So much fun. Mary liked it and welcomes Anya (who is now blonde) and Pasha. Mary screams and welcomes Russell and Mollee onto the Hot Tamale Train. SCREAM. UGH. Adam loved it and thought it was fantastic. I agree.

JAKOB

He grew up in a small town in Florida. Jakob has the "Jock dad who is all about sports who ends up with the gay dancing son" family. But, his dad seems to have embraced his gay dancing son. His mom took him to a broadway show in NYC and it was all over. Jakob "the dancer" was born. That was phenomenal. AWESOME solo. He's fantastic.

Hmmm. I don't even know. I think Ryan and Legacy will be on the bottom. Maybe Nathan if no one bought his crying bit. For the girls, I'm not sure. Kathryn and Ashleigh maybe? I don't know. I feel like the girls are stronger.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment