Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SYTYCD, 20 to 18

Tonight the top twenty will perform and the jidges will ask two dancers to leave!! No results show this week. It's all in one.

I love how they change the sound when the "Tap Dancers" are introduced so you can hear them tapping.

Let's welcome the "jidges" - Spirit Fingers, Screamer and Creepy are all here. The fourth chair is still waiting for Paula Ab-drool.

Right off the bat, Creepy tells us that Billy will not be returning to the show due to an illness. Too bad because he was so good. Also, Mollee's bff, Noelle, will not be dancing tonight due to a knee injury.

Let's get started:

Channing and Phillip

Channing looks like a female softball player. She's a little "thick". I'm not being catty. She's NOT fat at all, but she's a little too athletic-looking to be a graceful dancer. Phillip is one of the "tappers". They will be doing a jive choreographed by Jason Gilkison (a new choreographer this season). They dance to Rockin' Robin by the Jackson 5. It was cute. Not super complicated. It was good, but didn't really blow me away. To be perfectly frank, I mostly paid attention to Channing. I didn't really notice Phillip, but I think he was fine. Overall, it was good.

Ashleigh and Jakob

Tyce Diorio is going to choreograph a sultry broadway number for them. Ashleigh kind of bugs me. She's the wife. They are dancing to Hit Me With A Hot Note by the Sophisticated Ladies. It was definitely sexy and sultry. I thought Jakob did a great job. He's a really good dancer. Ashleigh was just being sexy and her hair is too long. It's a little too Crystal Gayle for me. She needs to cut it or put it up or something. The performance was good. [OMG - I forgot how annoying Mary's voice is! I'm going to have to fast forward through the "feedback".]

Ariana and Peter

They are doing a Tabitha and Napoleon routine!!!! LOVE T&N! I know Peter is the tapper, but I don't know too much about Ariana. They are dancing to Black & Gold by Sam Sparro. That was AWESOME. They were totally in sync. I thought they did great. Spirit Fingers didn't think they danced the same. Screamer thought they got lazy. Creepy didn't like it. I disagree completely. I'm not the expert, but I really liked it.

Noelle and Russell

Since Noelle is out, Russell is dancing with Melanie (one of the choreographers). I'm assuming it's some latin ballroom style. I missed the intro because there was "Breaking News" about the Bay Bridge closure. They are doing a great job. Russell is the crumper but he's really doing great with ballroom. Admittedly, Ballroom is my least favorite style and I always find it a little boring. That being said, Russell did great.

Bianca and Victor

They are doing a contemporary piece by choreographer, Travis Wall!!! I love him. They dance to Wasted Time by Me'Shell Ndegeocello [I love Me'Shell. My favorite of hers is "Fool of Me"]. Biance has the shortest body and the longest legs ever. Maybe it's the dress. Great dance. Loved the choreography. I thought they were GREAT. I agree with Spirit Fingers...Bianca needs to work on relaxing her shoulders. Maybe that will elongate her midsection. Overall, great dance!

Karen and Kevin

Karen is from Venezuela so her latin style is natural. Hey! How come I'm not a natural latin dancer? My dad is Portuguese. Kevin is a hip-hop dancer. They are dancing a cha cha choreographed by Tony Meredith and Melanie Lapatin. SWEET!!! They are dancing to Push It by the GLEE CAST!! My two favorite shows are colliding. No, the Glee Cast isn't there, but they are the ones singing. LOVE IT! Hmmm. I don't know if it was the choreography (lots of spins and hips moving) or the song or the dancers, but it was ... ok. Nothing spectacular. I didn't think it looked that hard. Yes, she was sexy, but...meh.

Ryan and Ellenore

Oh Lord. It's a Sonya Tayeh. Let's see what craziness she has them do this time. Ryan is the husband. I like him and Ellenore. He's hot in a "Jersey" sort of way and she's adorable. They are dancing to Arcadia by Apparat. It's like a more upbeat version of the bird dance with Hok and Jamie from a few seasons ago. That was awesome. Great job! She's so cute. I like her. The jidges agree. I mean, it's still a Sonya piece so it's weird and nonsensical, but it worked. I really liked it.

Damn Breaking News!!! I missed the intro...

Brandon and Pauline

Brandon is taking Billy's place so he came in mid-week. They are dancing to You Light Up My Life but I don't know who is singing because of the stupid breaking news. It's a ballroom piece choreographed by Jason Gilkison. The jidges think they did a lovely waltz. I thought it was boring but I'm sure that's mostly because it was ballroom. Meh.

Kathryn and Legacy

Legacy? Really? WTF? Is that what his mom named him? Dumb. They are doing a hip hop routine choreographed by Dave Scott. I hope Kathryn doesn't cry and get all high pitched. They are dancing to On & On by Missy Elliot. Legacy is a b-boy so this is right up his alley. I thought it was really good. I like the style and it was well executed. I thought they did an awesome job.

DAMMIT. Another breaking news segment! We get it, the bridge is closed!

Mollee and Nathan

They are doing a disco routine choreographed by Doriana Sanchez. They are dancing to Turn the Beat Around by Gloria Estefan. Disco is always fun. This routine was no exception. I thought they had a lot of fun with it. Nathan is so freaking adorable. They are a hot little couple. I think they are both still teenagers. SO CUTE. They did great.

My favorite couples are Mollee and Nathan and Ryan and Ellenore. I also really like Jakob. Let's see how they did...

Dancing for their lives are Ariana, Brandon, Pauline and Russell (WTF?). I'm not totally surprised although I would swap Ashleigh for Ariana and Phillip or Kevin for Russell.

Ariana is first and dances to Darkest Hour by Charlotte Martin. Next is Russell with Give The Drummer Sum by Black Milk. Pauline is third dancing to Magalenha by Sergio Mendes. Finally we have Brandon dancing to Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer. Well, folks, it's a no brainer for me. I think Brandon and Pauline should go home. Let's see if the jidges agree...

YES and NO.

Eliminated: Ariana and Brandon. Since Brandon was not technically selected to be part of the Top Twenty and was only there because Billy got sick, Nigel is going to ask FOX if they will allow Brandon to re-enter the competition next year. Nigel, aren't you the creator and executive producer??? Do whatever you want, dude. Jeez.

See you next time when the Top 18 perform!!

No comments:

Post a Comment