Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance, Top 14 dance

Last week, Peter and Pauline were eliminated. Now we have 14 dancers!!

Cat tells us the rules AGAIN and introduces the jidges AGAIN. It's baby picture night, so we're seeing baby pictures of all the dancers when they were wee things. SO we all get to see a 9 year old Nigel. Then we saw a really cute picture of a 12-13 year old Mary. Then we see a flexing 6 year old Adam.

Let's get right to the dancing.

Ashleigh & Jakob

Ashleigh was a cute little girl...not surprising. Jakob is a cutie pie and tells us he was chunky during his awkward years, but then he started dancing. This week, the duo will be taking on a hip hop routine by TABITHA & NAPOLEON!!!! Finally. We missed you guys last week.

They dance to "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo (the remix, sampled version of Hide & Seek by Imogen Heap - which is way better). WOW. That was awesome. Favorite routine so far in this competition. The jidges agree. SO AWESOME. I don't want to like Ashleigh because she bugs me, but they did fantastic.

Karen & Kevin

Karen grew up in Venezuela. She was cute. Kevin is the oldest of six...so adorable. This week, they are dancing to a broadway routine choreographed by Spencer Liff.

They dance to "If My Friends Could See Me Now" from Sweet Charity. They danced it well, but ... meh. Maybe it's the choreography. Nothing spectacular. Just ok. OMG!! At the end, Kevin kisses Karen and she totally rejects his kiss...she just keeps smiling and doesn't kiss back. AWKWARD. The jidges didn't like it and were much harder on them than I would be. I thought they danced it well, but boring.

Noelle & Russell

Russell was a cutie and tells us he wasn't shy about performing. Noelle was such an adorable little girl. So cute. Oh no...they'll be dancing the foxtrot by choreographer Eddie Simon.

They dance to "Baby (You've Got What it Takes)" by Michael Buble. You know I don't like these ballroom numbers because I think they're boring. That being said, I thought they did a good job. It was boring, don't get me wrong, but I like these dancers and I thought it was good. Hmmm...the jidges agreed with me. I think they like these guys, too.

Channing & Victor

Channing was a cute little kid and kind of quirky. Victor was a really good looking kid. Very cute. This week, they are dancing a jazz routine by Tyce Diorio.

They dance to "Blackbird" by Bobby McFerron. They are blackbirds. I hated the song choice. BUT, they danced so well. That was really great. I like it so much. These guys may be another favorite of mine. But that's mostly because of Victor. I like Channing to, but I really like Victor. The jidges agree.

Kathryn & Legacy

Kathryn tells us that she was very shy. Cute kid. Legacy was always a performer. This week they will be dancing the Paso Doble by Tony Meredith. Tony says that this is the Paso Doble from hell. Drama.

They dance to "Pursuit" by Ka (from the Cirque du Soleil soundtrack). Wow, Legacy is slight, but really muscular. Not bad with his shirt off. Kathryn is very sexy in her flowy skirt. Ok, it ended a little dramatically. Legacy is refusing to break character. Dumb. It was boring, as usual with these ballroom routines, but I thought they performed it well. I just couldn't really pay attention. I guess that's not good. The jidges loved it. Meh...they did well, but I thought it was boring.

Update on the DIZZY FEET Foundation started by Nigel Lythgoe, Adam Shankman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Katie Holmes (Why, Katie?? Seriously? Katie, you can't dance...even tho you think you can). It's a great foundation and doing great things, but let's get back to the show.

Ellenore & Ryan

She was a beautiful child and tells us she was sassy! Ryan started dancing at 4 and his grandparents were ballroom dancers. YAY!!! They are dancing a contemporary routine with Travis Wall!!! WOOT!

They dance to "Your Ex-Lover's Dead" by Stars. WOW. Amazing. The dancers are stepping it up this week. That was truly beautiful. I think I might have liked it better than the Tabitha/Napoleon routine. Fantastic. Nigel tells them that it's about "luck" because they got Travis Wall. What a jerk. They did a fantastic job. They are great dancers...so amazing. Favorite dance of the night. The jidges agree.

Mollee & Nathan

Nathan is the youngest of three brothers. He was a spoiled brat. Not surprising. Mollee tells us she was a diva. She loooks like a pageant kid. [CS - I see what you mean, they do bug.] They are dancing to a pop jazz routine choreographed by Laurieann Gibson. Laurieann is like a drill sergeant.

They dance to "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. Ok, they are annoying kids, but they are fantastic dancers. It wasn't totally spectacular...but it was really great. They were together and strong. The jidges agree.

I think the bottom three will be Karen & Kevin, Kathryn & Legacy and Noelle & Russell.

I'm not sure if it's because this season happened so soon after the last season, but I'm just not as connected to this season. I don't even have a favorite. I mean, Nathan is hot, but he's not my favorite dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment